Accessibility & Safety Policies
- Castaway Bay waterpark is wheelchair accessible. Please see a waterpark admissions employee for assistance.
- Most activities are not recommended for pregnant women or guests with heart, back or neck trouble. Not recommended for guests of excessive height or weight. See specific ride entrance sign for maximum weight limits.
- No diving, running or smoking permitted.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Clothing with rivets, buckles or exposed metal is not permitted on attractions.
- Swim diapers are required for diaper-dependent guests.
- Sandals, aqua socks and excessive jewelry must be removed before riding.
- Please use a safety strap for glasses.
- Appropriate swimwear must be worn in Castaway Bay. We reserve the right to deny admission to anyone we feel is not properly dressed.
- Life vests/life jackets are available to all guests and may be required for smaller guests at some attractions.
- Pets and flotation devices may not be brought into Castaway Bay.
- Outside food and beverages, including picnic baskets and coolers, are not permitted in the park. Special needs items may be brought into the park in small coolers. Glass bottles and containers are not permitted.
- Food and beverages purchased inside the Resort Property may be brought into the waterpark, except for glass items.
There are no existing age requirements to enter Castaway Bay waterpark. Specific height and attraction accompaniment requirements are posted at the entrance of each waterpark attraction.
Baby bottles are permitted in the waterpark if they are made of plastic material. No glass containers are permitted.
Flotation devices (balls, water wings, etc.) are not permitted in the waterpark. Life vests/life jackets are available for waterpark use.
Food and Beverages
Food and beverages purchased within Castaway Bay Resort property may be carried into the waterpark. However, no glass containers will be permitted. All other food and beverage items purchased outside the resort property will not be permitted in the waterpark.
Goggles are permitted at all waterpark and pool attractions. However, underwater swimming with goggles is not encouraged.
All lifeguards are Ellis trained and certified.
Life jackets or life vests are available to all guests in the waterpark. Lifejackets are required for guests less than 52 inches in Creature Cove and Cargo Crossing. Guests less than 48 inches tall, inexperienced, or non-swimmers are required to wear a life jacket in the Wave Pool. Guests less than 42 inches tall must also be accompanied by a responsible person in the Wave Pool. Lifejackets are provided at no charge. They may be required for smaller guests at some attractions.
Day use lockers can be rented inside the waterpark. Guests must have a valid wristband to enter the waterpark and use the lockers. Deposit and fees required. If a guest has lost a locker key, they should go to the Redemption Center at Crabbie’s Quarterdeck Arcade.
Lost and Found
To inquire about a lost item, whether lost in the waterpark or anywhere in the hotel, visit the front desk.
Masks & Snorkels
Masks and snorkels are not permitted in the waterpark area.
Pets are not permitted inside Castaway Bay waterpark and resort.
Strollers are permitted in the waterpark.
Swim diapers are required in the waterpark and are available at Nick Knacks, located to the left of the main lobby area.
Swimsuits can be purchased at Pearl’s, located to the left of the ship in the main lobby area.
Waterpark users must have a valid wristband. When guests check-in, they will be provided wristbands in accordance with the guest room occupancy level. Example, suites that sleep six will come with six wristbands. Hotel guests can purchase additional wristbands for $15.50, for each additional guest. Wristbands are valid in the waterpark through closing time on the guest’s day of check-out.
2001 Cleveland Road | Sandusky, OH 44870 | Reservations (419) 627-2106 | Information (419) 627-2500