Castaway Bay Indoor Waterpark & Hotel will remain closed in 2021 while renovations on the property resume. Learn More.
Accessibility & Safety Policies
- Castaway Bay waterpark is wheelchair accessible. Please see a waterpark admissions employee for assistance.
- Most activities are not recommended for pregnant women or guests with heart, back or neck trouble. Not recommended for guests of excessive height or weight. See specific ride entrance sign for maximum weight limits.
- No diving, running or smoking permitted.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Clothing with rivets, buckles or exposed metal is not permitted on attractions.
- Swim diapers are required for diaper-dependent guests.
- Sandals, aqua socks and excessive jewelry must be removed before riding.
- Please use a safety strap for glasses.
- Appropriate swimwear must be worn in Castaway Bay. We reserve the right to deny admission to anyone we feel is not properly dressed.
- Life vests/life jackets are available to all guests and may be required for smaller guests at some attractions.
- Pets and flotation devices may not be brought into Castaway Bay.
- Outside food and beverages, including picnic baskets and coolers, are not permitted in the park. Special needs items may be brought into the park in small coolers. Glass bottles and containers are not permitted.
- Food and beverages purchased inside the Resort Property may be brought into the waterpark, except for glass items.
All children entering castaway bay must be accompanied by a supervising companion. A supervising companion is someone who meets all the requirements to ride the rides themselves, is 14 years of age or older and demonstrates appropriate observed behavior.
To participate in waterpark attractions, appropriate swimwear is required. Here are some recommendations to help you plan your visit:
- Appropriate swimwear is required. Thongs and transparent clothing are not permitted. We reserve the right to determine the appropriateness of swimwear.
- Guests wearing bathing attire with metal buttons, rivets, zippers, or snaps will not be permitted to ride Tropical Tube Slides and Lookout Lagoon slides.
- Footwear is not permitted on Tropical Tube Slides and Lookout Lagoon slides.
- Guests requiring special accommodation should speak to a member of the Aquatics management team. Specifically designed attire made out of lycra or nylon type materials will be considered. Due to attraction manufacturer requirements, some riding restrictions may apply.
- All guests who require a diaper are required to wear a swim diaper specifically designed for aquatic use.
- If you do not have appropriate bathing attire, swimsuits and other aquatic gear can be purchased at Pearls.
Castaway Bay Rules
To ensure the safest experience for all guests during their visit, the following rules are in effect:
- Attractions may have specific height, weight, and safety requirements. Please refer to the Safety Guide posted at each attraction to make an informed decision as to whether the attraction is right for you.
- Please refrain from running, horseplay, and other boisterous activities.
- Glassware and similar material with a tendency to shatter on impact are not permitted in Castaway Bay.
- For safety reasons, diving is not permitted at any attraction.
- Castaway Bay is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is only permitted in designated smoking areas.
- Keep an eye on your young children. Children should not be left unattended at any time.
- Please secure all loose articles, including hats, glasses, and jewelry when riding. Cameras, cell phones, and video recording devices may not be used on any slide or in any changing area or restroom.
- Water toys, whistles, and inflatable assists are not permitted.
- Masks and snorkels are not permitted at any water attraction.
- Hearing devices or any other electronic devices may be damaged by water. Please take the necessary steps to protect such items.
- According to crowd size, time at the water attractions and access to Castaway Bay may be limited.
Food and Beverages
Food and beverages purchased within Castaway Bay Resort property may be carried into the waterpark. However, no glass containers will be permitted. All other food and beverage items purchased outside the resort property will not be permitted in the waterpark.
Life jackets are available for use throughout Castaway Bay and are available for all guests needing special consideration. Some attractions require children below a specific height to wear a life jacket before participating in the attraction. Aquatics staff and lifeguards reserve the right to impose the use of life jackets as needed. For specific attraction requirements, please see the Castaway Bay attractions listing section. Guests are permitted to wear their own lifejacket; however it must be Coast Guard certified.
In an effort to provide a safe and enjoyable waterpark experience for our guests, Castaway Bay routinely utilizes training exercises to improve our lifeguards’ skills and vigilance. These exercises will occur during normal operating hours and may consist of the following: submersible water mannequins, the use of video surveillance equipment, internal and external audits, active/inactive water rescues and/or first aid scenarios.
Day use lockers can be rented inside the waterpark. Guests must have a valid wristband to enter the waterpark and use the lockers. Deposit and fees required. If a guest has lost a locker key, they should go to the Redemption Center at Crabbie’s Quarterdeck Arcade.
Lost and Found
To inquire about a lost item, whether lost in the waterpark or anywhere in the hotel, visit the front desk.
Waterpark users must have a valid wristband. When guests check-in, they will be provided wristbands in accordance with the guest room occupancy level. Example, suites that sleep six will come with six wristbands. Hotel guests can purchase additional wristbands for $15.50, for each additional guest. Wristbands are valid in the waterpark through closing time on the guest’s day of check-out.
2001 Cleveland Road | Sandusky, OH 44870 | Reservations (419) 627-2106 | Information (419) 627-2500